Dental Implants Treatment
Though nothing can replace the healthy set of natural teeth, but the Dental Implants are the best and modern options for you if you are have missing teeth. It helps to give solution that is close to your natural teeth. For more than a quarter century, Implants have been used. By using the Titanium, a strong, lightweight metal, they are made and readily accepted by the human body. Its use is quite predictable and easy, it is an ancient art refined. Implants are placed where they function as a sturdy anchor for replacement teeth, surgically arranged in the upper or lower jaws, as they are posts or cylinders.
Why are Dental Implants Used?
1. Implants are used to replace missing teeth. Here are some of the reasons that why to replace missing teeth :
2. While going out in public, Missing teeth may affect your confidence and self-esteem and make you feel anxious, nervous, self-conscious or awkward. Apart from this, Missing teeth may create a lasting social, psychological and emotional turbulence.
3. Missing teeth may give you that old worn outlook and cause your facial muscles to sag. It may affect your speech and appearance.
4. Missing one or more back teeth affects chewing. To compensate for the lost tooth, the biting force on the remaining teeth begins to change. Consequently there is discomfort and extra pressure, which may accelerate their demise and decay.
5. It may leads to difficulty in cleaning and chewing and teeth surrounding the missing tooth may start to shift. Over time there is tartar and plaque, which weaken the support of the remaining teeth and causes gum disease.
6. Because of missing teeth, the ability to nutritious food and chew fibrous also decreases drastically. Missing teeth may lead to collapse of the jaws and this may result the individual looking older, undue prominence of the chin and making chewing difficult.
Stages of Dental Implant Treatment:
The Dental Implants Treatment Process has Four Phases:
1. Drawing a treatment plan: The dentist will take a full mouth (OPG) Xray and if required a 3D Dental CT (CBCT) to plan implant placement procedure. The dentist will assess the amount of bone, quality, and number of implants and draw a treatment plan.
2. Placement of Implant: The dentist surgically places the implant into the jawbone. Antibiotics and painkillers will be prescribed and a diet of soft and cold foods will be recommended for a few days. Some patients might need to wait until the implant is completely integrated, up to several months, before the permanent teeth can be fitted over the implant. Other patients can have the implants and teeth placed all in one visit.
3. Fitting the crown or bridge: The crown or bridge will be fitted over the rock solid titanium screw, which has by now found firm support in the jaw bone. The prosthesis usually takes some time to make. In the mean time, your dentist may give you a temporary crown, bridge or denture. His can help you eat speak normally until the permanent are ready. A dental implant can also be fixed just after tooth extraction, so that you don't have to be without a tooth even for a day.
4. Caring for your teeth: Maintaining a good oral hygiene is the key to the long term success of a dental implant. Brush at least twice a day and if required use an inter dental brush to clean between crowns and bridges regularly. And you must see your dentist every six months for regular examination and if required professional teeth cleaning.
Advantages of Dental Implants over Dentures or a Bridge:
Every way you look at it, dental implants are a better solution to the problem of missing teeth.
1. Aesthetic: Teeth implants look and feel like your own teeth! Since Teeth implants integrate into the structure of your bone, they prevent the bone loss and gum recession that often accompany bridgework and removable dentures. No one will ever know that you have a replacement tooth.
2. Tooth saving: Teeth implants don't sacrifice the quality of your adjacent teeth like a bridge does because neighboring teeth are not altered to support the implant. More of your own teeth are left untouched, a significant long-term benefit to your oral health!
3. Confidence: Teeth implants will allow you to once again speak and eat with comfort and confidence. They'll allow you to say goodbye to worries about displaced removable dentures and messy removable denture adhesives.
4. Reliable: The success rate of teeth implants is highly predictable. They are considered an excellent option for tooth replacement.
Call us today to get Dental Implants Treatment from our highly qualified, skilled & experienced Dentists.
Dr. Bansal Multi Speciality Dental Clinic, Near Kapil Hospital, Jagadhri Road,, Yamunanagar, Haryana, 135003, India